The above-recommended equipment in conjunction with our broadcast server software.
It’s best to use a PC laptop or console for the above equipment.
1. Behringer X1204USB 4 Channel Mixer
The Behringer Xenyx X1204USB USB mixer makes it easy to mix up to 8 channels of audio at a budget-friendly price. You get four Xenyx mic preamps on the first four channels, plus an additional two stereo channels for line-level sources. The 2-bus design lets you route signals to an alternate source, while one aux send per channel further enhances your routing options. The X1204USB helps you sound your best too, with one-knob compression and 3-band EQs with sweepable mids. Built-in effects include 16 editable presets. Best of all, you can easily record the stereo output of the X1204USB to your computer via USB – it even comes with a suite of free recording and podcasting software.
Behringer Xenyx X1204USB USB Mixer at a Glance:
- Sound-sculpting features
- Flexible routing
- USB recording and playback
- Onboard effects
Live sound engineers know the value of a quality compressor. The Behringer Xenyx X1204USB mixer makes compressing easy, featuring four channels with one-knob compression. Just set your signal levels then adjust the compressor to taste, making signal level management easier than ever. A 24-bit multi-effects processor gives you the power to add professional touches to your mix. Reverb, delay, echo, chorus and more let you add that finishing touch to vocals and mixes.
The Xenyx X1204USB mixer makes it easy to send your audio to multiple destinations. It’s great for setting up custom headphone mixes, for recording in your home studio. Set your main levels where they need to be for recording, then use the aux sends on each channel to set up a custom monitor mix that can be sent to a headphone amp.
The Xenyx X1204USB also features a new studio-grade effects processor with 16 editable presets including reverb, chorus, flanger, delay, pitch shifter, and multi-effects.
USB recording and playback
The Xenyx X1204USB’s computer connectivity is a helpful addition both in the studio and on-stage. In your studio, you can record the stereo output of the X1204USB to virtually any recording software, and you can also playback audio from your computer through the mixer. For live use, the X1204USB is an easy way to mix the show and record at the same time – just take your laptop and hit record before the show starts. It’s also a great way to add backing tracks to your performance, by routing computer playback to the main outputs along with the live mix.
Behringer Xenyx X1204USB USB Mixer Features:
Lots of input options at a budget-friendly price
Channels 1-4 each feature one-knob compression
24-bit multi-FX processor
USB connection for stereo computer recording
2. Shure PGa48 Cardioid Dynamic Microphone
When you need an affordable handheld microphone for singing or public speaking, it’s hard to beat the value in the Shure PGA48 dynamic mic. The PGA48 is a sturdy microphone that captures clear, intelligible vocals and speech and is ready to plug in to any sound system or recording device with standard XLR microphone inputs. Musicians and engineers at Sweetwater have turned to Shure microphones for decades, because they work well and are built to last. From public speaking to karaoke, you can count on the Shure PGA48 handheld dynamic microphone.
Shure PGA48 Handheld Dynamic Microphone Features at a Glance:
- Handheld vocal microphone at a great price
- On/Off switch for easy muting
- Frequency response is tailored for speech and vocals, perfect for public address and karaoke
3. TISINO 5ft 3.5mm (1/8inch) TRS Stereo Male to Left Right 2xXLR Female Adaptor Y Cable
- These 1/8 to XLR Cables are Designed to Split a 3.5mm Aux Balanced / Stereo output Signal into two Unbalanced / Mono XLR input Signals (Left and Right Channels), They are ideal for connecting your Smartphone/ PC / Laptop to a Mixer/Speakers or similar device.
- The XLR connectors are color-coded Black(Left Channel) and Red(Right Channel), It splits closer to the XLR ends, the distance to the split point is about 19.6 inches(50 cm). The 3.5mm plug is a standard 3 pole (2 rings and a tip) connector, This won’t work on a Smartphone that has a 4 Pole TRRS port. You may need a TRS to TRRS adapter. Please make sure the power for all your equipment is “OFF” when changing connections.
- XLR Connector with internal strain relief for rugged reliability, 20 AWG 4N Oxygen-Free Copper (OFC) conductor for enhanced signal clarity
- Heavy Duty Gold-plated connectors resist corrosion, provide durability and improve the signal transmission, ensures minimal signal loss.
- Heavy Duty Flexible Rubber Jacket, Top quality and made by environment-friendly material, Polyethylene insulation improves high frequency response.
4. Sony MDR-ZX110NC Noise Canceling Stereo Headphones
Say goodbye to distraction with the MDR-ZX110NC Noise Canceling Headphones. Featuring a 12–22,000 Hz frequency response for pristine bass, mids, and treble, these lightweight headphones reduce ambient noise by 95%, so all you’ll hear is the music. Plus, you can listen for longer with 80 hours of battery life.
- Integrated noise-canceling technology
- 80 hours of battery life
- Lightweight for ultimate music mobility
- Dynamic 1.18 in drivers
- Y-shaped cord type, 3.94 ft length
5. Kirlin 3 ft Splitter Y Cable 1/8″ TRS Stereo Male to Dual 1/4″ TS Y-362 3.5mm
- 3.5mm Stereo Plug to Dual 1/4″ Mono Plug, metal housing
- 24 gauge Oxygen-Free-Copper (OFC) conductor with spiral shielding
- Black PVC Jacket with 5.5mmx2 outer diameter
6. Shure SM7B Cardioid Dynamic Vocal Microphone
While Shure’s SM7B is a first-call mic for many sources, it’s a total rock star dialog microphone. You’ll find this dynamic beauty dangling from broadcast booms in voiceover, ADR, radio, and podcast studios around the world. There are two settings that let you tailor the SM7B to a wide range of voices and applications. Whether you want to bring out the resonance of a deep baritone, tame the brittleness of a high soprano, capture a whisper, or record a gunshot, the Shure SM7B is a must-have part of your rig.
True dynamic versatility
Investing in a microphone can be a bit intimidating, because you never know how well it will perform. With its dual tone controls, the SM7B is exceptionally versatile. This dual-band switchable passive EQ offers low cut and presence boost controls. Flat or with the low cut, the SM7B is an amazing mic for male dialog and vocals, but a switch of the presence boost makes it an excellent choice for bright sound sources and sibilant vocalists. It can also take up to 180dB, which makes the SM7B a top choice for pounding bass drum and full-tilt guitar and bass cabs.
Superior design for superior results
The SM7B’s been around forever, right? So, its components are probably simple. Wrong! This mic’s design has more than spanned the test of time. For starters, there’s an internal suspension and shockmounting system, which eliminates light vibration. Advanced electromagnetic shielding keeps out hum. Top it off with Sweetwater-favorite features such as an integrated swivel mount and a beefy close talk windscreen, this funky-looking mic has a whole lot to offer. And since it features a cardioid polar pattern, off-axis sound is never an issue for your Shure SM7B.
Shure SM7B Dynamic Cardioid Microphone Features at a Glance:
- Quintessential dialog microphone with a flat, wide-range frequency response
- Bass roll-off and midrange emphasis (presence boost) controls accommodate a wide range of voices
- Shielded against electromagnetic hum and broadband interference
- Internal air suspension shock isolation virtually eliminates mechanical noise transmission
- Effective pop filter eliminates need for any add-on protection against explosive breath sounds
- Ships with A7WS detachable close talk windscreen
- Yoke mounting with captive stand nut for easy mounting and dismounting
- Classic cardioid polar pattern provides excellent off-axis rejection
- Rugged construction for a lifetime of regular wear and tear
7. Rockville Podcasting Tripod Dynamic Microphone Desktop Stand+Mic clip
- Rockville RDTS Adjustable Height Studio Desktop Tripod Microphone Stand and Mic Clip
- Includes standard mic clip for regular mics
- For condenser mics – this is compatible with any shock mount (Rockville Rockshock is recommended)
- Compatible with Rockville IPS22 phone/tablet holder (sold separately in our store)
- Foldable design
- Adjustable height from 5.9” to 7.1” inches
- Includes standard mic clip
- Includes a Metal 3/8 to 5/8 adapter to support any mic clip on the market
- All metal construction is extremely strong and durable
- Smoothly raise or lower height with a reliable tightening knob
- Stable tripod leg base provides the ultimate stability and precise balance
- Perfect for studio recording, home recording, podcasts, screen-casts, video chats, conferences, and more